Vegan Italian Pasta
par Ashley Contreras sur October 20, 2020
Vegan Italian Pasta Salad
Prep time: 20 MinCook time: 15 MinTotal time: 35 Min
- La Bomba Sauce:
- 2 cups eggplant -finely diced
- 2 cups roasted bell peppers -finely chopped
- 6 marinated artichoke hearts (or packed in water for WFPB) -finely chopped
- 1.5 cup cremini mushrooms -finely diced
- 1/2 red onion -finely chopped
- 1/2 cup green olives -pitted & chopped
- 4 cloves garlic -minced
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes + more to taste
- 1 pinch sea salt + more to taste
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf Italian parsley -chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves -for garnish
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil (or as needed)
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp hemp seeds (optional for serving)
Bol de salade
- Heat a large skillet over medium low flame and add the onion with a pinch of salt and a drizzle of olive oil or a splash of water or white wine. Saute until translucent. Add the red pepper flakes, mushrooms and eggplant and toss to coat well. Saute together until softened (about 10 minutes).
- Add the roasted bell peppers, artichokes and olives together with the smoked paprika and toss everything to coat well.
- Using a wooden spoon or spatula push the veggies to the sides of the skillet making some room in the center for the garlic. Add the minced garlic and cook about 30 seconds just enough to release its flavors and taking care not to burn it.
- Add the vinegar and parsley and give everything a good stir to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings with more sea salt and spicy pepper flakes. Mix in the parsley and refrigerate up to one week or freeze in a glass container until needed.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta in salted water until al dente according to the directions on the package. Do not overcook it! Reserve one cup of the pasta water then drain and immediately rinse it with cold water until chilled. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and top with the veggie La Bomba sauce. Toss to combine well and add another drizzle of olive oil or some of the reserved pasta water to get things moving smoothly. (Omit oil on a WFPB diet).
- Adjust seasonings with more sea salt and refrigerate for a couple of hours for the flavor to marry. Serve with the fresh basil and hemp seeds on top.
- This Italian pasta salad is great served both warm or cold.
Did you make this recipe?